Panama City and Panama City Beach are some of the busiest tourist spots in Florida, especially in the summer. Owing to the extraordinary beaches, the beautiful resorts, the golf courses, and the amazing weather, over 18 million visitors come to the area each year. These positive factors lead to above-average Airbnb daily rates, occupancy rates, rental income, and ultimately ROI for the owners of vacation rental properties.
Top Panama City and Panama City Beach Airbnb Management
The best Airbnb management companies in Panama City and Panama City Beach, FL include:
- Awning: Best Overall Panama City and Panama City Beach Airbnb Manager
- Vacasa Florida: Best for Furnished Vacation Rentals
- Panhandle Getaways: Best for Portfolios with Different Property Types and Sizes
- Resort Collection: Best for Golf Course Vacation Rentals in Select Resorts
- RealJoy Vacations: Best Local Airbnb Manager
- Book That Condo: Best for Beach Homes and Condos
Awning Airbnb Property Management
Awning is the best overall full-service Airbnb property manager in Panama City and Panama City Beach, FL. Shri Ganeshram and Danaus Chang founded the company in 2020, with headquarters in San Francisco, CA. The company mission is to make investing in real estate simple and accessible for everyone, through a combination of the latest real estate technology and expert presence in all markets.
Awning provides all services expected from a full-service property management company, allowing investors to benefit from truly passive income. The company charges an industry-low fee starting at 15% of revenue. Online Awning reviews are positive, and Awning-managed properties have an average guest ranking of 4.8/5 stars.
As a full-service Airbnb property management company, Awning offers all services necessary to run a short-term rental business. Currently, the company manages 100+ vacation rentals and covers the entire US market and the vast majority of property types. They achieve nationwide coverage by setting up local teams of vetted vendors in each market, before even taking on Airbnb rentals there.
Awning does everything from getting properties ready through managing day-to-day tasks including:
- Interior design
- Vacation rental furnishing
- Installing smart home devices
- Getting short-term rental licenses and permits
- Creating, optimizing, and managing listings across top booking platforms
- Dynamic pricing model combining top-notch technology and big data with human expert-led review and adjustments
- Communicating with and supporting guests 24/7, with industry-low average response time of 5-15 minutes
- Rental cleaning, laundry, and restocking between guests provided through local Awning teams
- Maintaining lawns, swimming tools, and hot tubs
- Property maintenance and repairs
All services are part of the core package of vacation rental property management that Awning provides. The only exception is interior design and furnishing, which investors can choose depending on their needs. This process is managed by the ex-Head of Design at Airbnb (boosting revenue by 50%), and Awning’s fee is deducted from the overall furnishing budget (usually $15,000-$45,000). As Awning does not cover vacation rental insurance, it can connect property owners with the best local insurance providers.
Awning Price and Fees
Awning fees are the lowest among full-service Panama City and Panama City Beach, FL Airbnb management companies, at 15% of monthly revenue. This price covers all core services. Only vacation rental design and furnishing fees are paid separately, as part of the total furnishing budget.
Awning has relatively few online reviews, explained by its brief history. You can find some on:
- TrustPilot: Currently four 5.0/5 star reviews
- BiggerPockets: Currently several 5.0/5 star reviews
Awning-managed Airbnb rentals have generated an impressive average rating of 4.8/5 stars by guests.
Positive guest reviews focus on the amazing locations and properties, the excellently maintained and stocked rentals, and the friendly, available, and competent support staff.
To sum up, Awning is the best overall Airbnb property management company in Panama City and Panama City Beach, Florida, covering all services at an industry-low fee of 15% of revenue. This means that Airbnb property owners can enjoy truly passive income, while performing their rental is being optimized by a combination of the latest technology and the human touch of a local team of professionals.
Getting Started With Awning
To get started with Awning, investors should schedule a call to discuss their property with an Awning agent. The onboarding process is simple, and the Awning team has experience both onboarding new properties and taking over management from another company.
Vacasa Florida Airbnb Property Management
Vacasa is the largest full-service short-term rental property management company in North America, founded in 2009 by Eric Breon and Cliff Johnson, with headquarters in Portland, OR. The company mission is to provide the best vacation home experience for everyone - both hosts and guests - everywhere.
Vacasa provides most services expected from an Airbnb management company. They promise to boost rental income by 20%, on average. The company does not state its fees on its website, but customer reviews reveal a range of 25%-35% of revenue plus additional charges. Online Vacasa reviews are good.
Vacasa Florida Services
As a full-service Airbnb property manager, Vacasa covers most services required to run a short-term rental business. At the moment, Vacasa manages 35,000+ vacation rentals in 35 US states and outside the US, including 1,118 properties in Panama City and Panama City Beach, Florida.
The core Vacasa services covered by the monthly fee include:
- Getting properties ready for renting
- Help with short-term rental licenses and permits
- Installing smart home technology devices
- Creating listings
- Managing, distributing, and marketing listings
- Cleaning and restocking between stays
- Property inspections and maintenance
- Dynamic pricing and revenue management
- Guest communication and support
- Tax support
- Hot tub management and maintenance
For an additional fee, hosts can also get access to:
- Interior design (guided or curated)
- Linen program (initial supply and replacements)
- Vacation rental property insurance (up to $1 million in liability coverage, $1 million in damage coverage, and $15,000 in bed bug coverage)
One service that is missing from Vacasa’s portfolio is furnishing, which can take 12-16 weeks when not guided by a professional.
Vacasa Florida Price and Fees
Vacasa does not publicize its property management fees on the company website. The website states fees vary between markets and property types, so owners need to contact the team to get a quote.
Meanwhile, Vacasa reviews by property owners show that the rate ranges between 25% and 35% of rental revenue, comparable to the industry average, but owners also report unexpected charges. Interior design ($99-$1,199), linen program (not reported), and property insurance ($7-$9 per booking) are charged separately.
Hiring Vacasa entails signing a written agreement but does not require long-term commitment. Hosts can cancel with a 90-day notice, having to honor all reservations within the 90-day period.
Vacasa Florida Reviews
Vacasa has a solid online presence with thousands of reviews by property owners and guests. You can find Vacasa reviews on:
- TrustPilot: Currently 4.0/5 stars based on 9,320 reviews
- BBB.org: Currently 4.1/5 stars based on 2,637 reviews
- Yelp: Currently 2.5/5 stars based on 1,395 reviews
- Sitejabber: Currently 1.0/5 stars based on 698 reviews
Positive guest reviews focus on excellent, well-equipped, well-stocked, well-maintained properties, amazing locations, and helpful customer support team. Negative guest reviews highlight misleading listings, properties in poor state, last-minute cancellations, and lack of communication on behalf of the team.
Vacasa property owners’ experiences are also mixed. Some report good value for money, while others complain about destroyed properties, poor communication, and difficulties when trying to get out of a contract.
As the biggest short-term rental property manager on the continent, Vacasa can be a good option for Airbnb investors in Panama City and Panama City Beach, FL whose properties are already furnished as the company does not provide this service.
To get started, property owners can visit the Vacasa website or call 866-308-1004.
Panhandle Getaways Airbnb Property Management
Panhandle Getaways is a locally owned and operated short-term rental property management company. Ann Shank founded Panhandle Getaways in 1992, with headquarters in Panama City Beach, FL. The company mission is to be the most trusted name in vacation rental property management which views owners as partners.
Panhandle Getaways covers most services expected from a full-service Airbnb manager. The company does not reveal its fees on the website. There are 1,000+ online reviews which are good.
Panhandle Getaways Services
Panhandle Getaways is a full-service local property manager covering the area between Panama City Beach and Destin/Fort Walton Beach. Currently, the company manages 700+ short-term rentals, including 342 properties in Panama City Beach, Florida. These range from one-bedroom beach cottages to six-bedroom luxury homes.
Panhandle Getaways Airbnb property management services include:
- Listing on all top booking websites
- Targeted digital and social media marketing
- OTA channel marketing
- Dedicated property manager
- Dedicated reservation agents
- Guest screening
- 24/7 guest support
- Vacation rental insurance
- Consistent, professional cleaning and maintenance
- Revenue management
Panhandle Getaways does not provide details on how the daily pricing and revenue optimization are managed and whether this process relies on technology or human intervention. There is no mention of interior design, furnishing, short-term rental licenses and permits, and tax collection and remittance services.
Panhandle Getaways Price and Fees
Panhandle Getaways does not publish the property management fees on the company website. It is not clear whether working with them requires a written contract and long-term commitment on behalf of property owners.
Panhandle Getaways Reviews
Panhandle Getaways has a strong online presence with over 1,000 reviews. You can find Panhandle Getaways reviews on:
- Google: Currently 4.7/5 stars based on 1,330 reviews
- Birdeye: Currently 4.5/5 stars based on 1,187 reviews including 1,147 Google reviews
- Yelp: Currently 1.5/5 stars based on 111 reviews
- BBB.org: Currently 2.0/5 stars based on 20 reviews
Satisfied guests who stayed at Panhandle Getaways properties praise the amazing rentals, the beautiful views, the exceptional cleanliness, the great amenities, and the availability and professionalism of the local staff. Meanwhile, dissatisfied guests complain about dirty properties with mold and no linen, a careless team, and last-minute cancellations.
The information available online does not conclude if Panhandle Getaways provides good value for money in the Panama City Beach vacation rental market. However, this Airbnb property manager could be worth it for investors with portfolios of different property types and sizes.
To get started, property owners can visit the Panhandle Getaways website or call 850-588-8125.
Resort Collection Airbnb Property Management
Resort Collection is a local full-service vacation rental property manager specializing in Gulf-front, Gulf-view, and golf course villas, homes, and townhomes with swimming pools in 13 resorts in Panama City Beach. Steve Milo founded the company in 1984, which makes it one of the oldest Panama City Beach Airbnb management companies. Resort Collection works under the umbrella of VTrips. The company mission is to be the leading full-service property manager in Panama City Beach.
Resort Collection seems to provide all services necessary for property owners to get passive income. The company does not make its pricing structure public on the website. There are a few hundred online reviews of Resort Collection which are rather negative.
Resort Collection Services
Resort Collection is a local full-service property manager which comes with some important benefits over a nationwide company. Currently, the company manages 317 vacation rentals in Panama City Beach, Florida, which are in 13 select resorts with access to the Gulf, swimming pools, and golf courses.
The services in the Resort Collection portfolio include:
- SEO and organic marketing
- Targeted social media, email, and direct marketing
- Maximizing rental revenue through a proactive approach and dynamic pricing
- Professional linen program
- Expert property managers, housekeepers, maintenance technicians, and other professionals
- Revenue collection and remittance to property owners
- Access to property owner dashboard
- Monthly reporting
They do not mention the following services on the Resort Collection website: interior design and furnishing, getting short-term rental licenses and permits, tax collection and remittance, and vacation rental insurance.
Resort Collection Price and Fees
Resort Collection does not state the cost of the property management program. The company does not explain if a written agreement and long-term commitment are required. It’s not clear how easy or not it is to opt out of working with them.
Resort Collection Reviews
There are a few hundred online reviews of Resort Collection, showing a good online presence for such a local, niche Airbnb property manager. You can find Resort Collection reviews on:
- Birdeye: Currently 2.9/5 stars based on 232 reviews including 224 Google reviews
- Google: Currently 3.1/5 stars based on 207 reviews
- BBB.org: Currently 1.0/5 stars based on 10 reviews
- Yelp: Currently 1.0/5 stars based on 9 reviews
- Sitejabber: Currently 1.0/5 stars based on 3 reviews
Positive reviews by guests focus on the perfect matches between listings and actual rentals, the great amenities and activities on site, the nicely decorated properties, the beautiful views, and the friendly staff. Negative reviews reveal reservations for different properties, dirty rooms, broken furniture, additional charges, double bookings, and last-minute cancellations.
Resort Collection might be the right choice for investors who’d like to buy golf course properties with swimming pools in select Panama City Beach resorts. However, because of the lack of more in-depth information, we cannot conclude whether this Panama City Beach Airbnb property manager offers a good value for money.
To get started, property owners can call 855-512-3843.
RealJoy Vacations Airbnb Property Management
RealJoy Vacation is a local full-service short-term rental property management company covering the area from Panama City Beach to Destin, Florida. Micah Berg founded RealJoy Vacations in 2009, with headquarters in Destin, FL. The company mission is to bring genuine joy to property owners and guests by stewarding the properties entrusted to them with honesty, integrity, and a relentless pursuit of excellence.
RealJoy Vacations seems to deliver all services needed for passive vacation rental property investing. The company website does not discuss the property management fees charged by RealJoy Vacations. There are nearly 2,000 online reviews which show mixed experiences.
RealJoy Vacations Services
RealJoy Vacations is a local full-service Airbnb management company which works with properties ranging from Gulf-front beach houses to rentals in select resorts. Currently, the company manages 1,000+ rentals including 316 short-term rental properties in Panama City Beach, Florida.
RealJoy Vacation provides the following services to property owners:
- Individualized marketing
- Dynamic pricing based on current supply and demand
- Guest damage waivers up to $1,500
- Professional cleaning
- Property inspection between stays
- Preventive property maintenance
- Flooring and furniture care
- Access to proprietary operational software
- Access to online owner portal
- Monthly statements
- Sit-down reviews
RealJoy Vacations does not seem to cover interior design, vacation rental furnishing, short-term rental licensing and permitting, and tax collection and remittance.
RealJoy Vacations Price and Fees
Similar to most other Panama City and Panama City Beach, Florida Airbnb management companies, RealJoy Vacations does not disclose their property management fees on the company website. It is not clear if hiring them entails signing a written contract and/or long-term commitment by the property owner.
RealJoy Vacations Reviews
RealJoy Vacations has a solid online presence, especially for a local Airbnb property manager. You can find RealJoy Vacations reviews on:
- Google: Currently 3.8/5 stars based on 1,612 reviews
- Birdeye: Currently 3.7/5 stars based on 410 reviews including 312 Google reviews
- BBB.org: Currently 1.47/5 stars based on 43 reviews
- Yelp: Currently 1.0/5 stars based on 37 reviews
Happy guests praise the perfect locations, the wonderful homes, the smooth process, and the available and helpful team. Meanwhile, unhappy guests complain about staying at properties under construction and pools under maintenance, broken furniture and appliances, bugs, and unfavorable terms and conditions.
To conclude, RealJoy Vacations could be a good option for investors who’d like to work with a local Airbnb management company. But because of the scarcity of information, it’s not clear whether this property manager provides a good value for money in the Panama City Beach vacation rental market.
To get started, property owners can visit the RealJoy Vacations website or call 850-204-3041.
Book That Condo Airbnb Property Management
Book That Condo is a local full-service short-term rental property manager focusing only on Panama City Beach and 30A. Brandy Johns founded the company in 2010, with headquarters in Panama City Beach, Florida. The company mission is to provide a new trend in property management embracing the 21st-century demands of vacation rentals.
Book That Condo covers most services expected from a full-service property management company. The pricing structure and charges are not available on the company website. There are around 1,000 online reviews of Book That Condo, showing positive experiences.
Book That Condo Services
Book That Condo is a local full-service Airbnb manager in Panama City Beach, Florida. Currently, the company manages 147 rentals, including beach houses and condos.
The services offered by Book That Condo include:
- Listings with professional photos and 3D tours
- Extensive marketing and advertising
- Access to the newest technology
- Upgraded linen and amenities
- 24/7 guest service
- 3-point inspection process
- Preventive maintenance
- In-house maintenance
Book That Condo does not mention providing help with interior design, furnishing, short-term rental licensing, tax registering, collecting, and remitting, vacation rental insurance, and dynamic pricing.
Book That Condo Price and Fees
The Book That Condo website does not mention the costs and fees associated with hiring the company. In addition, it’s not made clear whether a written contract and long-term commitment are expected.
Book That Condo Reviews
Book That Condo has a good online presence with close to 1,000 reviews. You can find Book That Condo reviews on:
- Google: Currently 4.6/5 stars based on 663 reviews
- Birdeye: Currently 4.5/5 stars based on 485 reviews including 480 Google reviews
- Facebook: Currently 4.5/5 stars based on 484 reviews
- Yelp: Currently 3.0/5 stars based on 37 reviews
- BBB.org: Currently 3.0/5 stars based on 2 reviews
Satisfied guests praise the amazing condos, the excellent amenities, the exceptional communication, and the wonderful staff. Dissatisfied guests highlight broken amenities and appliances, bugs, lack of communication, cancellations, and lack of flexibility under extreme circumstances.
While there isn’t enough information provided by Book That Condo to conclude if they offer a good value for money in the Panama City Beach, Florida market, they seem like a viable option for investors owning beach houses and condos.
To get started, property owners can visit the Book That Condo website or call 850-588-7414.
More Panama City and Panama City Beach, Florida Airbnb Management Companies
Some other popular short-term rental property management companies in the Panama City and Panama City Beach market that might be worth your attention are:
- Evolve: Evolve is a nationwide half-service Airbnb property manager which focuses on listing, marketing, booking calendars, and guest support. They manage 24,000+ vacation rentals in 750 markets in the US and Mexico, including 143 properties in Panama City and Panama City Beach, FL. Evolve charges a universal fee of 10% of rental revenue. They have a solid online presence with average reviews.
- Vacations Perfected: Vacations Perfected is a local full-service short-term rental property management company that provides marketing, reservation processing, housekeeping, maintenance, and accounting. They manage 96 vacation rentals in Panama City Beach. Vacations Perfected charge up to 20% of revenue, but fees might also be lower.
- Royal American Hospitality: Royal American Hospitality is a local vacation rental property management company focusing on condos in select properties in Panama City Beach, Florida. The company manages 95 short-term rentals. There is no online information about the exact Airbnb property management services that the company provides or the fees that it charges.
- Vacation Life Properties: Vacation Life Properties is a full-service vacation rental property manager working in a few resort towns in Florida, with headquarters in Huntersville, NC. The company offers services in providing high-quality linens, listing, marketing, guest communication and support, damage protection, competitive cleaning, inspection, inventory checks, and maintenance. They manage 93 vacation rentals in Panama City Beach. The property management fees are not stated.
- Emerald Beach Properties: Emerald Beach Properties is a local Airbnb property management company that provides the specific services each owner requires, while letting owners be as involved as they’d like. They manage 88 vacation rentals in Panama City Beach. The property management fee is not clear.
How we evaluated the top Panama City and Panama City Beach, Florida Airbnb management companies
The criteria we used to select and rank the top Airbnb management companies in Panama City and Panama City Beach, FL include:
- Services: We looked at whether a company is a half-service or full-service provider and whether it provides all expected services within each category.
- Pricing: We considered whether an Airbnb property manager has a clear pricing structure covering all services. We also looked at what additional fees hosts will need to pay.
- Value for money: We evaluated whether the provided services and the expected fee offer the best value for money in Panama City and Panama City Beach, FL.
- Business model: We investigated whether a company uses the latest real estate technology while retaining the human touch, which is crucial in property management.
- Reviews: We took into consideration whether companies have a strong online presence and whether reviews are positive or negative.
- Number of listings in Panama City and Panama City Beach, FL: We searched for the Airbnb management companies with the most active listings in the local market.
To maximize your vacation rental investments in Panama City and Panama City Beach, FL, connect with an Awning property manager now.
How to choose an Airbnb management company
When choosing the best Airbnb property manager for your specific needs, ask the following questions:
- Are you a local property manager or a nationwide company?
- For how many years have you been managing short-term rentals?
- How many properties do you manage at the moment?
- How big is your team?
- Do you have an in-house local management team or do you work with vendors?
- By how much are you able to increase revenue in the local market?
- Do you help get properties ready? Do you help with interior design, furnishing, short-term rental licenses and permits, and taxes?
- Do you collect money from guests and remit to owners or do booking fees go to the property owner directly?
- Do you provide cleaning, laundry, and restocking?
- Do you conduct property inspections and maintenance work?
- Do you manage swimming pools and hot tubs?
- What is your Airbnb property management fee? What does this cover? Are there any additional fees and costs?
- Can I review a copy of the property management agreement?
- How can I cancel your services?
Knowing the answers to all these questions is key for selecting the best short-term rental property management company for your specific needs.
Awning is the best Panama City and Panama City Beach, FL Airbnb management company. It provides truly full-service property management at the lowest fee for comprehensive services, at 15% of rental revenue. Meanwhile, if you’d like to invest in Gulf-view, golf course vacation rentals, consider working with Resort Collection. If you own a beach home or a condo, Book That Condo might be the optimal choice for you. If you prefer to work with a local Airbnb manager, RealJoy Vacations might be a good option.
Awning is the top Panama City and Panama City Beach property management company offering end-to-end services for Airbnb investors. Our services include 24/7 guest communication, dynamic pricing, calendar management, and more, and are available in all 50 states. Plus, our fees start at just 15% of your revenue, with no extra charges or fees. Call or text 415-223-2830 to learn more and get started.