Florida has gained a position as one of the best states to buy a rental property to rent out on a short-term basis, and Miami is one of the best Florida investment property locations. The endless beaches, the bustling nightlife, the breathtaking skyline, and the luxury shopping experiences bring over 24 million visitors per year. The wonderful weather ensures that tourists keep visiting year-round. All these positive factors come together to result in top Airbnb daily rates, occupancy, rental income, and return on investment on vacation rentals in Miami.
Florida is one of the few US states which has imposed statewide short-term rental laws, requiring vacation rentals to get state licenses. The City of Miami has introduced further regulations which restrict non-owner occupied short-term rentals. Specifically, for properties designated as Estate or Low Density Residential, the owner (or other responsible party) needs to live in the property for over six months per calendar year and must be present onsite during rentals. It capped the maximum overnight occupancy at 12 persons per rental.
Amid this restrictive regulatory environment, we advise vacation rental property owners in Miami to hire one of the top Miami, FL Airbnb management companies. This will allow them to run a legal short-term rental business and optimize ROI.
Top Miami, Florida Airbnb Management Companies
The best Airbnb management companies in Miami, FL include:
- Awning: Best Overall Miami Airbnb Manager
- Sextant Stays: Best for Large Properties
- Nomada Residences: Best for Luxury Condos in the Miami Design District
Awning Airbnb Property Management
Awning is the best overall full-service Airbnb property manager in Miami, FL. Shri Ganeshram and Danaus Chang founded the company in 2020, with headquarters in San Francisco, CA. The company mission is to make investing in real estate simple and accessible for everyone through a combination of the latest real estate technology and expert presence in all markets.
Awning provides all services expected from a full-service property management company, allowing investors to benefit from truly passive income. The company charges an industry-low fee of 15% of revenue. Online Awning reviews are positive, and Awning-managed properties have an average guest ranking of 4.8/5 stars.
As a full-service Airbnb property management company, Awning offers all services necessary to run a short-term rental business. At the moment, the company manages 100+ vacation rentals and covers the entire US market and the vast majority of property types. They achieve nationwide coverage by setting up local teams of vetted vendors in each market, before even taking on Airbnb rentals there.
Awning does everything from getting properties ready through managing day-to-day tasks including:
- Interior design
- Vacation rental furnishing
- Installing smart home devices
- Getting short-term rental licenses and permits
- Creating, optimizing, and managing listings across top booking platforms
- Dynamic pricing model mixing top-notch technology and big data with human expert-led review and adjustments
- Communicating with and supporting guests 24/7, with industry-low average response time of 5-15 minutes
- Rental cleaning, laundry, and restocking between guests provided through local Awning teams
- Maintaining lawns, swimming tools, and hot tubs
- Property maintenance and repairs
All services are part of the core package of vacation rental property management that Awning provides.
The only exception is interior design and furnishing, which investors can choose depending on their needs. This process is managed by the ex-Head of Design at Airbnb (boosting revenue by 50%), and Awning’s fee is deducted from the overall furnishing budget (usually $15,000-$45,000).
As Awning does not cover vacation rental insurance, it can connect property owners with the best local insurance providers.
Awning Price and Fees
Awning fees are the lowest among full-service Miami, FL Airbnb management companies, starting at 15% of monthly revenue. This price covers all core services. Only vacation rental design and furnishing fees are paid separately, as part of the total furnishing budget.
Awning has relatively few online reviews, explained by its brief history. You can find Awning reviews on:
- TrustPilot: Currently four 5.0/5 star reviews
- BiggerPockets: Currently several 5.0/5 star reviews
Awning-managed Airbnb rentals have generated an impressive average rating of 4.8/5 stars.
Positive guest reviews focus on great locations and properties, excellently maintained and stocked rentals, and friendly, available, and competent support staff.
Awning is the best overall Airbnb property management company in Miami, Florida, covering all services at an industry-low fee of 15% of revenue. This means that Airbnb property owners can enjoy truly passive income, while rental performance is optimized by a combination of the latest technology and human touch.
Getting Started With Awning
To get started with Awning investors should schedule a call to discuss the property with an Awning agent. The onboarding process is simple and the Awning team has experience both onboarding new properties and taking over management from another company.
Sextant Stays Airbnb Property Management
Sextant Stays is a full-service short-term rental property management company, founded in 2015 by Andreas King-Geovanis, Azat Shaidullin, and Iskander Karimov, with headquarters in Miami, FL. The company mission is to combine the best of the two sides of hospitality - hotels and vacation rentals, providing guests with a more professional, reliable, and safe stay and hosts with a partner in improving the quality and value of their buildings.
Sextant Stays aims to offer all services expected from a full-service Airbnb property manager. The company website provides neither an estimated boost in performance nor a property management fee. Online reviews are scarce and average.
Sextant Stays Services
Sextant Stays claims to take full care of the vacation rentals which it manages. Currently, the company manages short-term rentals in Miami (154 properties), Miami Beach, Fort Lauderdale, North Bay Village, West Palm Beach, Sunny Isles Beach, and New Orleans.
The Airbnb management company does not explain what services it covers. Their LinkedIn page says they make the management of investment properties as seamless as possible, handling everything from furnishing, through reservations, to maintenance. However, this is not enough to conclude if Sextant Stays is a true full-service provider and allows for passive income.
Sextant Stays Price and Fees
Sextant Stays does not list their property management fees and pricing structure on the company website. Hosts need to contact them directly in order to understand how much they will be expected to pay.
Unlike other top Miami Airbnb management companies, Sextant Stays works only with entire properties with a minimum of 6 units. This makes it a good option for investors owning larger rentals.
It is not clear if Sextant Stays expects long-term commitment on behalf of property owners.
Sextant Stays Reviews
Sextant Stays has a weak online presence, partially because of its limited geographical coverage as a local Airbnb property manager. You can find Sextant Stays reviews on:
- Yelp: Currently 3.0/5 stars based on 15 reviews
- BBB.org: Currently 1.0/5 stars based on 2 reviews
- TrustPilot: Currently one 1.0/5 stars review
Happy guests mention spotless, spacious, beautiful properties. Unhappy guests complain about unsafe, noisy, non-air conditioned rentals in buildings where renting out on a short-term basis is not allowed.
The information available online is not enough to judge whether Sextant Stays is a real full-service vacation rental property management company and whether they provide a good value. However, it might be a good option for hosts with properties with 6+ units. But if you’d like to try them, you should make sure to get a written agreement which lists the exact services you can expect as well as the precise fees that you’d need to pay.
To get started, property owners can visit the Sextant Stays website or call 833-305-3535.
Nomada Residences Airbnb Property Management
Nomada Residences is a full-service luxury short-term rental and extended stays rental property manager, founded in 2019, with headquarters in Miami, FL. This is a local property manager specializing in luxury condos. The company mission is to be the perfect hotel alternative in the Miami Design District, while also providing property owners with property management beyond the standard.
Nomada Residences offer most services needed for passive real estate investments. They do not publish their management fee. There are no online reviews of the company.
Nomada Residences Services
Nomada Residences offers a wide range of services for vacation rental property owners. Currently, they manage 100+ brand new condos in the Miami Design District in Miami, Florida.
Nomada Residences covers the following services:
- Unit listing and distribution on all main channels including Airbnb Superhost and Vrbo Premier Host status
- Tailored marketing including digital and social advertising, professional photography, listing and content optimization, and email marketing
- Dynamic pricing using softwares and constant monitoring
- Guest screening
- 24/7 customer service with prompt responses to guests’ requests and inquiries
- Booking and reservation management
- Rent collection
- Condo association payments
- Full-service unit management
- 5-star cleaning service
- 24/7 property maintenance
- Owner reporting
This list of services seems to cover most what’s needed once a property has been prepared for listing and guests. However, it’s not clear if Nomada Residences provides any help in getting short-term rentals guest-ready, such as interior design, furnishing, installation of smart home devices, provision of linen, and getting short-term rental licenses and permits. This process can take 12-16 weeks when implemented by property owners rather than professionals.
Nomada Residences Price and Fees
The Nomada Residences website does not discuss the vacation rental property management fee. It’s not clear whether the company charges a single fee for all services or whether some services are paid for separately.
To work with Nomada Residences, you need to own a luxury condo in the Miami Design District as they are a very local, very specialized property manager.
The company does not specify if it requires long-term commitment from hosts and what the cancellation process looks like.
Nomada Residences Reviews
There are no online Nomada Residences reviews. Although this is a relatively new company with very limited geographical and property type coverage, the lack of online presence is not a good indicator.
Overall, Nomada Residences looks like a good option for investors who own or plan to buy a luxury condo in the Miami Design District. However, we cannot conclude whether it provides good value for money as the management fees are not published. The lack of reviews by property owners and guests is not a positive indicator.
To get started, property owners can visit the Nomada Residences website or call 786-420-0621.
How we evaluated the top Miami, Florida Airbnb management companies
The criteria we used to select and rank the top Airbnb management companies in Miami, FL include:
- Services: We looked at whether a company is a half-service or full-service provider and whether it provides all expected services within each category.
- Pricing: We considered whether an Airbnb property manager has a clear pricing structure covering all services. We also looked at what additional fees hosts will need to pay.
- Value for money: We evaluated whether the provided services and the expected fee offer the best value for money in Miami, FL.
- Business model: We investigated whether a company uses the latest real estate technology while retaining the human touch, which is crucial in property management.
- Reviews: We took into consideration whether companies have a strong online presence and whether reviews are positive or negative.
- Number of listings in Miami, FL: We searched for the Airbnb management companies with the most active listings in the local market.
To maximize your vacation rental investments in Miami, FL, connect with an Awning property manager now.
How to choose an Airbnb management company
When choosing the best Airbnb property manager for your specific needs, ask candidates the following questions:
- Are you a local property manager or a nationwide company?
- For how many years have you been managing short-term rentals?
- How many properties do you manage at the moment?
- How big is your team?
- Do you have an in-house local management team or do you work with vendors?
- By how much are you able to increase revenue in the local market?
- Do you help get properties ready? Do you help with interior design, furnishing, short-term rental licenses and permits, and taxes?
- Do you collect money from guests and remit to owners or do booking fees go to the property owner directly?
- Do you provide cleaning, laundry, and restocking?
- Do you conduct property inspections and maintenance work?
- Do you manage swimming pools and hot tubs?
- What is your Airbnb property management fee? What does this cover? Are there any additional fees and costs?
- Can I review a copy of the property management agreement?
- How can I cancel your services?
Knowing the answers to all these questions is key for selecting the best short-term rental property management company for your specific needs.
Awning is the best Miami, FL Airbnb management company. It provides comprehensive vacation rental property management at the lowest fee for full-service, at 15% of revenue. If you’re thinking of investing in a larger property with 6+ rental units, you can consider Sextant Stays. Nomada Residences might be a good option for luxury condo investors in the Miami Design District.
Awning is the top Miami property management company offering end-to-end services for Airbnb investors. Our services include 24/7 guest communication, dynamic pricing, calendar management, and more, and are available in all 50 states. Plus, our fees start at just 15% of your revenue, with no extra charges or fees. Call or text 415-223-2830 to learn more and get started.