Tennessee has emerged as one of the best US states to buy an investment property to rent out on a short-term basis, and Nashville is one of the top Tennessee cities for this rental strategy. The music scene, the arts and culture, the museums, and the historical sites bring over 14 million visitors per year. The mild climate attracts tourists throughout the year. These positive factors ensure above-average Airbnb daily rates, occupancy rates, rental income, and Airbnb cap rates for investors.
However, the City of Nashville allows non-owner occupied short-term rentals only in some non-residentially zoned districts. Existing permits are not transferable in case of change of ownership. This geographical restriction makes it hard to operate a successful, legal vacation rental business, so it is a good idea to work with one of the top Nashville, Tennessee Airbnb management companies to maximize performance and ROI while ensuring compliance with local laws and regulations.
Top Nashville, Tennessee Airbnb Management Companies
The best Airbnb management companies in Nashville, TN include:
- Awning: Best Overall Nashville Airbnb Manager
- Host Extraordinaires: Best for Short-Term and Long-Term Rentals
- Vacasa: Best for Furnished Rentals
- Stay Local Nashville: Best for Luxury Hotel-Like Experiences
- Beckon Homes: Best for Hosts on an Ample Budget
- Urban Nashville: Best Locally Owned and Operated Airbnb Manager
Awning Airbnb Property Management
Awning is the best overall full-service Airbnb property manager in Nashville, TN. Shri Ganeshram and Danaus Chang founded the company in 2020, with headquarters in San Francisco, CA. The company mission is to make investing in real estate simple and accessible for everyone through a combination of the latest real estate technology and expert presence in all US markets.
Awning provides all services expected from a full-service Airbnb management company, allowing investors to benefit from truly passive income. The company charges an industry-low fee of 15% of revenue. Online Awning reviews are positive, and Awning-managed properties have an average guest ranking of 4.8/5 stars.
As a full-service property management company, Awning offers all services necessary to run a short-term rental business. At the moment, the company manages 100+ vacation rentals, covering the entire US market and the vast majority of property types. They achieve nationwide coverage by setting up local teams of vetted vendors in each market, before even taking on Airbnb rentals there.
Awning does everything from getting properties ready through managing day-to-day tasks including:
- Interior design
- Vacation rental furnishing
- Installing smart home devices
- Getting short-term rental licenses and permits
- Creating, optimizing, and managing listings across top booking platforms
- Dynamic pricing model mixing top-notch technology and big data with human expert-led review and adjustments
- Communicating with and supporting guests 24/7, with industry-low average response time of 5-15 minutes
- Rental cleaning, laundry, and restocking between guests provided through local Awning teams
- Maintaining lawns, swimming tools, and hot tubs
- Property maintenance and repairs
All services are part of the core package of vacation rental property management that Awning provides. The only exception is interior design and furnishing, which investors can choose depending on their needs. This process is managed by the ex-Head of Design at Airbnb (boosting revenue by 50%), and Awning’s fee is deducted from the overall furnishing budget (usually $15,000-$45,000). As Awning does not cover vacation rental insurance, it can connect property owners with the best local insurance providers.
Awning Price and Fees
Awning fees are the lowest among full-service Nashville, TN Airbnb management companies, starting at 15% of monthly revenue. This price covers all core services. Only vacation rental design and furnishing fees are paid separately, as part of the total furnishing budget.
Awning has relatively few online reviews, explained by its brief history. You can find some on:
- TrustPilot: Currently 4 5.0/5 star reviews
- BiggerPockets: Currently several 5.0/5 star reviews
Awning-managed Airbnb rentals have generated an impressive average rating of 4.8/5 stars.
Positive guest reviews focus on excellent locations and properties and superbly maintained and stocked rentals and friendly, available, and competent support staff.
Awning is the best overall Airbnb property management company in Nashville, Tennessee, covering all necessary services at an industry-low fee of 15% of revenue. This means that Airbnb property owners can enjoy fully passive income, while rental performance gets optimized by a mix of the latest technology and human touch.
Getting Started With Awning
To get started with Awning investors should schedule a call to discuss the property with an Awning agent. The onboarding process is simple and the Awning team has experience both onboarding new properties and taking over management from another company.
Host Extraordinaires Property Management
Host Extraordinaires is a full-service property management company working with both short-term and long-term rentals, with headquarters in Nashville, TN. The company mission is to provide luxury homes and sophisticated travel opportunities to extraordinary people from around the globe.
Host Extraordinaires promises to offer the services necessary to provide a passive real estate investment experience to property owners. This Nashville Airbnb management company does not publish its fees on its website. Online reviews are few but positive.
Host Extraordinaires Services
Host Extraordinaires markets itself as a full-service property manager which focuses on vacation rentals but also manages some long-term rentals. This is a local property manager. Currently, they manage 184 properties in Nashville, TN.
The company website does not provide a detailed list of the exact services offered by Host Extraordinaires. However, they claim to take care of all required services, from guest communication to laundry and housekeeping, as well as property maintenance.
It's not clear if Host Extraordinaires helps investors prepare their properties for renting, which might take months if not done by a professional.
Host Extraordinaires Price and Fees
Host Extraordinaires does not show its property management fees on the company website. Thus, it is not possible to evaluate whether they offer a good value for money.
There are no details on required written agreements and commitment on behalf of property owners. If you’d like to give this Airbnb property manager a try, inquire about all this information before deciding.
Host Extraordinaires Reviews
Host Extraordinaires has a very weak online presence with less than 200 reviews. You can find Host Extraordinaires reviews on:
- Google: Currently 4.5/5 stars based on 98 reviews
- Chamber of Commerce: Currently 4.2/5 stars based on 70 reviews
Happy guests highlight the amazing, beautifully decorated properties, the easy booking process, and the availability of the customer support team. Dissatisfied guests, meanwhile, complain about discrepancies between listing photos and actual properties, rentals in a poor state, last-minute cancellations, and total lack of customer support.
To sum up, there isn’t enough online information about the Host Extraordinaires services and fees to decide if the company provides a good value for money. However, it might be worth considering for properties that could work as both short-term and long-term rentals or for investors who’d like to focus on long-term rentals in the Nashville, Tennessee market.
To get started, property owners can visit the Host Extraordinaires website or call 615-878-6003.
Vacasa Airbnb Property Management
Vacasa is the largest full-service short-term rental property management company in North America and was founded in 2009 by Eric Breon and Cliff Johnson, with headquarters in Portland, OR. The company mission is to provide the best vacation home experience for everyone - both hosts and guests - everywhere.
Vacasa provides most services expected from an Airbnb management company. They promise to boost rental income by 20%, on average. The company does not state its fees on its website, but customer reviews show a range of 25%-35% of revenue plus additional charges. Online Vacasa reviews are good, with some complaints as well.
As a full-service Airbnb property manager, Vacasa covers most services required to run a short-term rental business. At the moment, Vacasa manages 35,000+ vacation rentals in 35 US states and outside the US, including 274 rentals in Nashville, Tennessee.
The core Vacasa services covered by the monthly fee include:
- Getting properties ready for renting
- Help with short-term rental licenses and permits
- Installing smart home technology devices
- Creating listings
- Managing, distributing, and marketing listings
- Cleaning and restocking between stays
- Property inspections and maintenance
- Dynamic pricing and revenue management
- Guest communication and support
- Tax support
- Hot tub management and maintenance
For an additional fee, hosts also get access to:
- Interior design (guided or curated)
- Linen program (initial supply and replacements)
- Vacation rental property insurance (up to $1 million in liability coverage, $1 million in damage coverage, and $15,000 in bed bug coverage)
One service that is missing from Vacasa’s portfolio is furnishing, which can take 12-16 weeks when not guided by a professional.
Vacasa Price and Fees
Vacasa does not publicize its property management fees on the company website. It states that fees vary between markets and property types, so owners need to contact the team to get a quote. Vacasa reviews by property owners show that the rate ranges between 25% and 35% of revenue, comparable to the industry average. However, owners report unexpected charges. Interior design ($99-$1,199), linen program (not reported), and property insurance ($7-$9 per booking) are charged separately.
Hiring Vacasa entails signing a written agreement but does not require long-term commitment. Hosts can cancel with a 90-day notice, and they have to honor all reservations within the 90-day period.
Vacasa has a solid online presence with thousands of reviews by property owners and guests. You can find Vacasa reviews on:
- TrustPilot: Currently 4.0/5 stars based on 9,174 reviews
- BBB.org: Currently 4.12/5 stars based on 2,625 reviews
- Yelp: Currently 2.5/5 stars based on 1,388 reviews
- Sitejabber: Currently 1.0/5 stars based on 656 reviews
Positive guest reviews focus on excellent, well-equipped, well-stocked, well-maintained properties, amazing locations, and helpful customer support team. Negative guest reviews, meanwhile, highlight misleading listings, properties in poor state, last-minute cancellations, and lack of communication on behalf of the team.
Vacasa property owners’ experiences are also mixed. Some report good value for money, while others complain about destroyed properties, poor communication, and difficulties when trying to get out of a contract.
Vacasa can be a good option for Airbnb property investors in Nashville, TN whose rentals are already furnished as the company does not help with this.
To get started, property owners can visit the Vacasa website or call 866-308-1004.
Stay Local Nashville Airbnb Property Management
Stay Local Nashville is a local full-service vacation rental management company founded in 2015 by three experienced Nashville natives: Teryn Chapin, Darbi Balton, and Anje Dowler. The headquarters are in Nashville, TN. The company mission is to provide the finest in vacation rentals, bringing success to both vacationing guests and property owners.
Stay Local Nashville provides many of the services expected from a full-service short-term rental management company. It is not clear how much the company charges and whether all available services are covered by a single fee. Online reviews are few and average.
Stay Local Nashville Services
Stay Local Nashville covers most of the services provided by full-service Nashville, Tennessee Airbnb management companies. Currently, they manage 108 short-term rentals in the local market. They are a 100% locally owned and operated property manager, focusing only on the Nashville market.
Stay Local Nashville property management services include:
- Creating tailored listings
- Listings distribution and marketing
- Striking the optimal balance between occupancy and nightly rates through an in-house revenue manager and industry-leading analytical tools
- Guaranteed income program
- Dedicated property experts
- Providing exceptional, professional hospitality services to guests including hotel-style amenities, spa-quality linens, concierge services, and customized occasion packages
- 24/7 service and support for both guests and hosts/properties
- Professional cleaning and restocking between visits
- Property inspection and repairs management
- Contracting licensed, bonded, insured companies for repair services
While Stay Local Nashville takes care of all tasks necessary for managing a vacation rental business, they do not help get properties ready for listing. There are no services related to interior design, furnishing, getting short-term rental licenses and permits, setting up taxes, and finding the insurance and liability coverage. The company doesn’t mention if it provides help in collecting and remitting taxes.
Another thing that Nashville Airbnb hosts should keep in mind is that the company does not specify by how much they can boost rental income, on average.
A major benefit of hiring Stay Local Nashville is access to complimentary membership at ThirdHome, a third-party home exchange network of over 11,000 luxury vacation rentals around the globe, including $2,500 free travel credits.
This Airbnb property manager does not list any specific eligibility requirements. However, properties probably need to be guest-ready to get started.
Stay Local Nashville Price and Fees
The Stay Local Nashville website has no mention of the property management pricing structure and fees. It is not clear how property management fees are calculated and whether there’s a single monthly fee or some services are covered separately. There is no information whether the company collects booking fees from guests and remits them to hosts or fees are paid directly to hosts.
The Nashville Airbnb management company does not require long-term commitment from hosts who are free to cancel their contract whenever they wish. There is no mention of onboarding and/or early-termination fees.
Vacation home owners can use their property for personal purposes as often and for as long as they want.
Stay Local Nashville Reviews
Stay Local Nashville has a meager online presence, with a little over 20 reviews. The limited geographical coverage and the small portfolio of the company partially explained this. You can find Stay Local Nashville reviews on:
Stay Local Nashville reviews show a mix of guest experiences, ranging from wonderful to awful. Happy guests highlight beautiful properties, well cleaned homes, and excellently equipped rentals. Unhappy guests complain about filthy properties, expired goods, security issues, and ate checks-in because of delays on behalf of the cleaning team.
In conclusion, Stay Local Nashville might be a good option for property owners willing to provide luxury hotel-like experiences to their guests. However, the lack of transparency on property management fees does not allow us to conclude if the company provides good value for money in the Nashville Airbnb rental market.
To get started, property owners can visit the Stay Local Nashville website or call 615-447-8291.
Beckon Homes Airbnb Property Management
Beckon Homes is a full-service short-term rental property manager, operating in a few markets, including Nashville, Tennessee. Husband and wife Shaun Balin and Isabeau Miller founded the company in 2015, with headquarters in Nashville, TN. Their mission is to make vacations feel like home, only better, while working with committed, exceptional, ethical, passionate property owners on a partnership basis.
Beckon Homes takes care of most full-service Airbnb property management tasks. They charge 20-22% of monthly pre-tax revenue besides restocking and property maintenance fees. Online reviews are very few and good.
Beckon Homes Services
Beckon Homes covers most services necessary to achieve passive income with short-term rentals. Currently, the company manages almost 100 vacation rentals in Nashville (97 properties), the Smoky Mountains, Cape Cod, Florida, California, and Arizona. They do not focus on any specific type of properties.
The services provided by Beckon Homes include:
- Customizable design and outfitting services including interior design, shopping/order, and assembling and placing all furnishings and decor
- Arranging installation of third-party home services including cable, internet, utilities, pest control, security systems, etc.
- Putting finishing touches on almost-ready rentals
- Creating listings
- Distribution and marketing
- Regular communication with guests
- 24/7 guest support
- Scheduling cleanings, laundry, and restocking
- Regular property walk-throughs
- Contracting service providers
- Collecting rental revenue and remitting net revenue on a monthly basis
- Basic bookkeeping
- Filing all necessary taxes
Beckon Homes provides two marketing packages:
- Beckon Based Marketing: Short-term rentals are listed through the Beckon Homes business profile, benefiting from over 4,700 guest reviews, 98% of which are 5 stars. Hosts, however, lose reviews should they switch to another Airbnb management company.
- Brand Based Marketing: Short-term rentals are listed under the host name, and property owners get to keep reviews if they cancel Becken Homes services.
One service provided by Beckon Homes that’s worth highlighting is the interior design and furnishing which can be tailored to the specific needs of the property and the host. However, as discussed below, this service is more costly than what other Nashville Airbnb managers ask for.
It’s important to note that Beckon Homes does not provide support in obtaining and renewing short-term rental licenses and permits where necessary. They do not pay utilities and do not help with insurance. They have specific requirements for linen availability but rarely provide sheets and towels, unless requested by the host. It is not clear whether they can provide help with the installation of smart home devices.
Unlike other vacation rental property management companies, Beckon Homes has very specific and strict eligibility criteria, including:
- Entire property (not just a room)
- Access to cable and high-speed internet
- Electronic lock compatible with their systems
- Keyboard on every garage
- Adequate, comfortable seating and sleeping arrangements
- Place to hang clothes and place a suitcase
- Fully functional home systems including HVAC, plumbing, electric, appliances, etc.
- Adequate trash disposal provider
- Window coverings
- Vacuum and basic cleaning supplies
- Onsite washer and dryer
- Hair dryer in each bathroom
- Iron and ironing board
- All utilities turned on and on autopay
- Holding a short-term rental permit if needed
After hiring Beckon Homes, they expect property owners to:
- Invest in 2 HVAC inspections/year
- Complete 2 thorough property walk-throughs/year
- Invest in regular paint touch-ups
- Regularly replace pillows, blankets, duvets, and rugs
- Contract with pest control providers
- Maintain structural integrity of the property and all appliances and systems
- Periodically review and update aesthetics of the interior and exterior
- Periodically review and repair/replace household items
- Maintain functioning cable, internet, devices, etc.
Beckon Homes Price and Fees
Beckon Homes charges a monthly property management fee besides some extra costs. The monthly fee is equivalent to 20% of pre-tax revenue for the Beckon Based Marketing package and goes down to 18% for 5+ properties. Meanwhile, the fee is 22% of pre-tax rental revenue for the Brand Based Marketing package with a minimum management fee of $2,000 plus $150/property/month. These are the basic rates, but owners of properties in remote areas might be charged higher rates.
In addition, hosts need to cover the following extra fees:
- Restocking fees: Ranging between $15 and $24/stay, deducted from the monthly payout
- Maintenance fees: Either paying a monthly maintenance fee (usually $100-$250/month) or paying a la carte (billed per item or per hour)
If property owners opt in for vacation rental interior design and furnishing, they will need to pay separately, which is an industry-wide standard.
Whole property design (for empty rentals) requires a minimum budget of:
2 bedrooms or less
- $25,000 for proposed furnishing and decor
- $8/square foot for furnishing, design, and installation fees payable to Beckon Homes
- $36,000 for proposed furnishing and decor
- $7/square foot for furnishing, design, and installation fees payable to Beckon Homes
- $52,000 plus $7,500/each additional sleeping space for proposed furnishing and decor
- $6+/square foot for furnishing, design, and installation fees payable to Beckon Homes
Partial property design and consulting (for almost ready rentals) is charged at $250/hour for a minimum of 5 hours.
The way they set the Beckon Homes fee structure up could make hosts feel that the only purpose of the Airbnb management company is to make money for itself rather than to provide superior property services to hosts and guests.
It’s not possible to calculate the exact fees which it will expect a vacation rental owner to pay because of the various additional charges and options.
Regarding contracts, Beckon Homes expects minimum commitment of at least three months. To cancel an agreement, property owners have to give a 90-day notice.
Beckon Homes Reviews
Beckon Homes has a very poor online presence although it’s been around for seven years and is present in multiple US markets. You can find a few Beckon Homes reviews on:
- Facebook: Currently 4.1/5 stars based on 16 reviews
Satisfied guests praise the great properties that are professionally cleaned, prepared, and equipped as well as the customer support services. Dissatisfied guests complain about canceled reservations and security issues.
Overall, while Beckon Homes provides most of the services expected from a full-service Airbnb manager, their pricing structure shows a very profit-driven company which doesn’t put the interest of property owners. The company doesn’t seem to provide good value for money though it’s hard to estimate the total management fee. Their online presence is not enough to conclude if property owners and guests are happy or not with the services they have received. Still, Beckon Homes might be a good option to explore for hosts who are not on a tight budget.
To get started, property owners can visit the Beckon Homes website or call 833-423-2566.
Urban Nashville Airbnb Property Management
Urban Nashville is a full-service locally owned and operated Airbnb management company. The company mission is to help guests find a vacation rental that meets all their needs and goes above and beyond their expectations, while allowing owners to sit back and relax knowing that their property is in the best hands.
Urban Nashville provides most services needed to make a passive income from short-term rentals in Nashville, TN. However, it is not clear how much they charge per month. Also, their online presence is extremely limited, with mixed reviews.
Urban Nashville Services
Urban Nashville offers the general services expected from a full-service Airbnb property manager in Nashville, Tennessee. Currently, the company manages over 70 vacation rentals in Nashville. They are a locally owned and operated business which focuses only on the Nashville market, providing the benefits of a local property manager. Urban Nashville offers both vacation rentals and long-term rentals including anything ranging from budget-friendly historic dorm rooms to luxury condos. They manage both small and large properties.
The services covered by Urban Nashville include:
- Help with permit acquisition
- Supply of quality sheets, towels, and kitchen linens
- Accurate pricing based on demand and competition
- Guest relations
- Full cleaning and laundry between guests
- Inspection between stays
- Light property maintenance
Urban Nashville does not go in much detail in the description of their short-term rental property management services. While they seem to cover the basics, there is no mention of interior design, furnishing, help with insurance, help with taxes, restocking guest supplies, and repairs. It’s important for hosts to understand if the company offers help in these areas so that they know if they will achieve truly passive real estate income.
Urban Nashville Price and Fees
Urban Nashville does not publicize its property management fee on the company website. They specify they calculate the fee as a percentage of the net profit (unlike most Nashville, TN Airbnb management companies which charge a percentage of the pre-tax revenue) and varies by location and property size. It sounds like this is a comprehensive property management fee, but it is not confirmed whether there are extra services that are charged separately.
It is not clear if Urban Nashville requires long-term commitment on behalf of hosts and how easy or not it is to opt out of working with them.
Urban Nashville Reviews
Urban Nashville has a very weak online presence, which can be partially explained by its limited market coverage. You can find Urban Nashville reviews on:
- Google: Currently 4.1/5 stars based on 7 reviews
- Yelp: Currently 1.5/5 stars based on 3 reviews
- BBB.org: Currently 1.0/5 stars based on 1 review
Happy guests mostly comment on the good locations and the excellent services. Meanwhile, unhappy guests complain about the reservation process, dirty properties, mismatches between listings and actual rentals, and the unavailable and unhelpful support team.
Urban Nashville seems like a plausible choice for investors who prefer to work with local Airbnb property managers in Nashville, TN, rather than larger nationwide businesses. The company provides many services required for passive vacation rental investments. However, the lack of information on the fee structure does not allow us to conclude if Urban Nashville offers good value for money. In addition, their online presence is too weak to make it a trustworthy choice.
To get started, property owners can visit the Urban Nashville website or call 615-669-1293.
How we evaluated the top Nashville, Tennessee Airbnb management companies
The criteria we used to select and rank the top Airbnb management companies in Nashville, TN include:
- Services: We looked at whether a company is a half-service or full-service provider and whether it provides all expected services within each category.
- Pricing: We considered whether an Airbnb property manager has a clear pricing structure covering all services. We also looked at what additional fees hosts will need to pay.
- Value for money: We evaluated whether the provided services and the expected fee offer the best value for money in Nashville, TN.
- Business model: We investigated whether a company uses the latest real estate technology while retaining the human touch, which is crucial in property management.
- Reviews: We took into consideration whether companies have a strong online presence and whether reviews are positive or negative.
- Number of listings in Nashville, TN: We searched for the Airbnb management companies with the most active listings in the local market.
To maximize your vacation rental investments in Nashville, TN, connect with an Awning property manager now.
How to choose an Airbnb management company
When choosing the best Airbnb property manager for your specific needs, ask the following questions:
- Are you a local property manager or a nationwide company?
- For how many years have you been managing short-term rentals?
- How many properties do you manage at the moment?
- How big is your team?
- Do you have an in-house local management team or do you work with vendors?
- By how much are you able to increase revenue in the local market?
- Do you help get properties ready? Do you help with interior design, furnishing, short-term rental licenses and permits, and taxes?
- Do you collect money from guests and remit to owners or do booking fees go to the property owner directly?
- Do you provide cleaning, laundry, and restocking?
- Do you conduct property inspections and maintenance work?
- Do you manage swimming pools and hot tubs?
- What is your Airbnb property management fee? What does this cover? Are there any additional fees and costs?
- Can I review a copy of the property management agreement?
- How can I cancel your services?
Knowing the answers to all these questions is key for selecting the best short-term rental property management company for your specific needs.
Awning is the best Nashville, Tennessee Airbnb management company. It provides comprehensive vacation rental property management at the lowest fee among full-service providers, at 15% of revenue. Stay Local Nashville and Urban Nashville are worth checking out for investors who prefer working with a locally owned and operated Airbnb property manager. Host Extraordinaires could be a good option for property owners investing in both short-term and long-term rentals. Meanwhile, Vacasa and Beckon Homes seem overpriced for the quality they offer.
Awning is the top Nashville property management company offering end-to-end services for Airbnb investors. Our services include 24/7 guest communication, dynamic pricing, calendar management, and more, and are available in all 50 states. Plus, our fees start at just 15% of your revenue, with no extra charges or fees. Call or text 415-223-2830 to learn more and get started.